Friday, September 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Birthday

It's a peanut butter birthday! My first birthday cake order- some minor setbacks and whoopsiedaisies, but the cake is done!
It's a peanut butter cake, peanut butter and cream cheese filling and a chocolate buttercream frosting. :)
I practiced writing on a plate first and wrote out what I was writing next to the cake so I wouldn't mess up. The lettering is made of food processed white sugar (to get an almost confectioner's sugar consistency but still kind of granulated), creamy peanut butter, and a couple of dashes of milk. You want to get a frosting consistency that's not too runny but also not too thick so you can pipe it out.
I just did the writing and thought it looked a little lonely so some flowers and dots got added into the mix! Have a wonderful birthday, Carey!

No comments:

Post a Comment